On June 1st, 1924, in the "Gymnásio the State", with the presence of personalities and teachers, there was a magna session of foundation of the School of Dentistry and Pharmacy of Ribeirao Preto - FOF.
On March 5th, 1928, by act of the Minister of Justice, Castello de Viana, the courses were recognized and graduated their first group of Pharmacists and Dentists.
The incorporation to the University of São Paulo occurred on January 1st, 1975, when these Schools, as separate institutes were already located in the "Campus USP - Ribeirão Preto."
In 1983, the School of Dentistry and Pharmacy was separated into two distinct schools: the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences of Ribeirao Preto - FCFRP and School of Dentistry - FORP.
The FCFRP-USP offers Pharmacy-Biochemistry undergraduation course for full and night periods.
Aimed to improve the education in Pharmacy, over the years the undergraduation course has undergone major changes always adjusting your Curriculum Structure of scientific advances in Pharmaceutical Sciences, training professionals whose quality has been recognized by the Pharmaceutical Industry.
The establishment of the National Curriculum Guidelines for Pharmacy Undergraduation Courses, promulgated on March 4th, 2002 changed the philosophy of teaching in Pharmacy, since they suggest a humane, critical and reflexive professional pharmacist to act in all health care levels . Thus, new Curricular Structure was implemented in 2004.
The Pharmacy - Biochemistry Undergraduate Course of FCFRP - USP is based on a pedagogical project based on participation, dialogue and questioning the reality experienced by professionals in the pharmaceutical field.
The constant updating of the faculty by participating in national and international scientific events, conducting courses and the development of research, contribute certainly to improve the quality of education. The search for the expansion and improvement of the laboratories and classrooms also contribute to the formation of excellent pharmacists.
The FCFRP has a total physical area of 22,052.61 m2, 09 classrooms, 84 research laboratories, including rooms for lecturers, 13 teaching laboratories, 02 animal facilities, 01 Pharmacy Education facility, 11 laboratories for Clinical Analysis Service of Toxicological Analysis, and an administrative area of 877.60 m2.
The FCFRP has 97 lecturers, 209 technical and administrative staff, 459 undergraduate students, 305 postgraduate students matriculated in Masters and PhD courses and 91 PhDs.
The faculty is mostly in Full Time for Teaching and Research (RDIDP), which reflects the quality of the course and demonstrates the concern of FCFRP on the engagement of faculty with academic activities. These teachers are distributed into three departments: Clinical Analysis, Toxicological and Bromatological, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Physics and Chemistry, which are integrated in teaching and research activities. It also has 220 non-teaching employees that participate directly or indirectly of academic activities.
The graduate teaching of FCFRP started in 1988 and nowadays is a national and international reference. Currently has four Graduate programs, all offering masters and doctoral courses in the scope of Pharmaceutical Sciences, namely:
Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences (7 concept CAPES)
Graduate Program in Toxicology (CAPES 6 concept),
Graduate Program in Bioscience Applied to Pharmacy (CAPES 5 concept) and
Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology (CAPES concept 4).